Towner Cinema: October and November screenings
Posted on 7/10/2020
This month also brings the long-awaited reopening of Towner Cinema, on Saturday 17 October. Having been closed for six months, we’re delighted to be able to welcome you back to the cinema and we have lots in store.
The new programme offers an opportunity to catch some of the titles we were most excited about screening before we had to close, including Céline Sciamma’s Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) and Autumn De Wilde’s Emma (2019). We’ll be celebrating Black History Month with Isaac Julien’s Young Soul Rebels (1991) with an online introduction by cultural producer, writer and activist Chardine Taylor-Stone. We’ll be continuing to work with our regular screening partners, including the return of Eastbourne Film Society’s regular curated documentary strand which features My Rembrandt (2020), the Cult Film Club are back with a Halloween screening of A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), and the latest instalment in Eastbourne Rainbow’s Queer Film strand is Josef Von Sternberg’s 1930 film Morocco. As always, we’ll have the very best new and recent releases, including two films that were shot right here in Sussex – Hope Gap (2019), starring Bill Nighy and Anette Bening and Summerland (2020), starring Gemma Arterton.
Find details of the full programme here.
Book tickets for all our screenings here.
Towner Cinema Safety Procedures
· We have reduced capacity in the cinema and will operating at 40% of normal occupancy to ensure ample space for social distancing.
· Seats will be assigned by Towner staff to ensure social distancing is maintained.
· Masks are mandatory and should be worn for the duration of screenings (unless visitor is exempt).
· Food and drink will not be allowed into the cinema space.
· We are accepting card payments only.
· The cinema, including seating and toilets, will be cleaned after every screening.
· Films have been scheduled to avoid congestion in foyers between two screenings.
· Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the gallery, again as you enter the cinema and also outside the cinema toilets.
· There is a screen at the Welcome Desk to protect staff and visitors.
· We will collect customer details to support NHS Test & Trace.