Volunteers play a vital role at Towner, proactively engaging with our visitors as well as helping us maintain a safe and secure environment within the gallery spaces. They play a vital role in delivering an exemplary visitor experience.
Although we welcome applications all year round we generally interview and recruit a new intake of volunteers about four times a year, so there may be a wait before we call you for an interview.
If you are interested in art, enjoy interacting with people and are keen to develop new skills or just broaden your horizons then we would really love to hear from you.
As a volunteer you will:
- Develop skills, build confidence and gain first-hand experience of an art gallery environment
- Enjoy free entry to any paid exhibitions and a behind-the-scenes art store tour
- Be invited to staff briefings at the start of each exhibition by the curator or artist
- Meet like-minded people and have opportunities to attend social events
- Enjoy 20% discount in the Towner shop and café
- Receive training in transferable areas such as customer care, H&S, disability awareness as well as specialised training in Towner’s art collection and exhibitions.
- Feel proud to be contributing to the cultural heart of your community and supporting the work of a vibrant charity.
At Towner, we embrace diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and all ages. Please let us know if you think you will need additional support to allow you to take up this opportunity as we may be able to help. Please note that volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
At interview, we will be looking for people who have a real passion for delivering an excellent standard of customer service, have an interest in art and would be able to take control and remain calm in an emergency situation.
We would ask that you commit to a minimum of two shifts each month – these can be set dates or can be flexible. Shifts are either 2 or 3 hours long, between the hours of 10.00am and 5.00pm.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Niamh on 01323 434679.
To apply please fill in the Application Form and Equal Opportunities form and return to us by email, post or in person.