Towner International 2019
Submissions are free and the deadline is midnight on Friday 17 January 2020.
Conditions of entry
- You must be over the age of 18 to enter.
- All works submitted must have been completed in the last 5 years (since 2015).
- All works submitted must be available for the entire exhibition period 13 June–6 September 2020. Transport and installation dates will be confirmed with the exhibiting artists.
- If selected, images of your artwork may be used for press and marketing purposes, and visitors to the exhibition will have permission to include the work(s) in their photographs.
- If works are sold during the exhibition period, 35% commission is payable to Towner.
What will I need to complete the online entry form?
You will be asked to enter full contact details and to upload 3 key documents:
- CV please include a brief artist bio.
- Submission with details of your artwork(s) including: title, date, dimensions, medium, description, and images. **Please note that you can include as many images as you like within this document**
- Portfolio with examples of past works/projects.
Are there any restrictions on the file format?
We can only accept PDF or Word documents; other file formats are not supported. The recommended file limit is 10MB per file.
How can I submit moving-image, performance and sound works?
If submitting moving-image, performance or sound works please include hyperlinks to content in your Submission document, with passwords if required.
How many images can I submit?
You can include as many images as you feel necessary in your Submission and Portfolio documents.
My work needs to be installed in a specific way, can the gallery accommodate this?
If there are specific installation requirements for your work please include these in your Submission document. Installation/lighting requirements must be supplied at this time if integral to the work.
If you are submitting installation, site-specific or off-site work.
Please supply as much information as possible in the Submission document. If selected, further discussions with the Curator will be required.
I create work as part of a team or collective. Can we enter work under our collective name?
Yes. Please include all names of artists with your submission and one point of contact.
Can I enter diptychs/triptychs as one work?
Yes. Please ensure the primary image on your Submission document shows the work in its entirety.
Does my work need to be for sale?
Will I receive an email to acknowledge my submission?
No, your submission is acknowledged on the final page of the online form.
When will I know if I have been successful?
All artists will be notified by email on or before 31 March 2020.
Can I receive feedback if I’m not successful?
Due to the large number of entries it is not possible to provide personalised feedback for entrants.
If successful, what support will be in place for exhibiting artists?
- Artists will receive a fee of £250.
- Reasonable costs of transporting artwork to/from Towner.
- Experienced technical support provided for install and de-install of artworks.
- Reasonable costs of travel and accommodation to attend the exhibition opening.
- Professional documentation of the exhibition will be shared with all exhibiting artists.
Key dates to remember
- Submission deadline: 17 January 2020.
- All artists will be notified by email on or before 31 March 2020.
- Exhibition dates: 13 June to 6 September 2020.
If you cannot find an answer to your query above please email Exhibitions Assistant, Alison Bettles: Alison.Bettles@townereastbourne.org.uk
Please be aware that we anticipate a high volume of submissions but we aim to respond to enquiries within one week.
To receive the latest news about Towner International and other artist opportunities from Towner, please join our mailing list