Live Workshops on Instagram
Following the success of our first series of Live Making Workshops with artist Amy Leung, we’re excited to launch a new series led by artist Rachel McGivern.
On Thursdays at 2.00pm (18, 25 June & 2, 9, 16, 23 July) join Rachel live on our @Hello_Towner Instagram account, as she explores our weekly #MakeShiftStudio challenges and delves into recycling bags to experiment with ‘Making as Storytelling’.
If you’re not able to take part in the live sessions, don’t worry – the workshop recordings will be uploaded to our website, Facebook and Instagram channels the following day for you to enjoy at any time, along with a list of materials and downloadable making guides for each workshop.
What to expect each week:
- Gather your materials using the materials list, which will be shared in advance on Instagram and Facebook each week
- Follow @Hello_Towner on Instagram and just tune into the live broadcast at 2.00pm every Thursday
- Enjoy getting creative during the workshop – making, experimenting and collaborating
- Share your outcomes with us by tagging @Hello_Towner and using #MakeShiftStudio in your posts. Amy will also be posting what she creates and how she’s using her #MakeShiftStudio creation at home!
You can always download that week’s making guide in advance if you want to know what to expect, and don’t forget that if you can’t make the live workshop, the recording will be available for you to get involved when it suits you!
Everyone is invited to take part but:
- Please do ask permission before you borrow things
- If you’re a child please ask an adult to work with you
- Amy will be sharing lots of advice. Make sure you follow this to keep all the activities safe for you to enjoy!
- We’d love to see what you make, but please don’t share photos of anyone without asking them first.
- When choosing extra materials to work with, please don’t use sharp, precious or breakable objects