Hiring: Experienced Barista (28 hours a week)
Posted on 16/04/2021
We looking for someone to join our team at Towner café.
Our café has an established reputation for serving quality speciality coffee and delicious food, and friendly, welcoming service. As we prepare to re-open in May we are now looking for a personable, passionate and experienced Barista to join our small cafe team.
To be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
· Passionate about coffee with at least one year’s experience as a Barista serving speciality coffee, both espresso-based and filter.
· Comfortable dialling in coffee and ensuring consistency of espresso extraction throughout the day even during busy periods.
· Good knowledge of coffee equipment (La Marzocco machine or similar) & daily maintenance but full training will be provided.
· Ability to demonstrate proper milk consistency and basic latte art.
· Confident and welcoming when interacting with guests.
· Able to work quickly, calmly, and efficiently during busy periods.
· High standards of presentation.
· Positive attitude and work ethic, with outstanding customer service and people skills
· Reliable, flexible and supportive of colleagues (including a willingness to train others as part of the job)
In addition to Barista duties you may be asked to assist with FOH and till service when needed.
Contract: Permanent Rate of Pay: £9.30 per hour
Hours: Contracted for 28 hours per week (opportunities for additional hours on ad hoc basis). Exact working pattern tbc, but regular weekend work is essential
Location: Towner Eastbourne, Devonshire Quarter, Eastbourne, BN21 4JJ
How to apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter which should clearly outline how you fulfil our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application via Indeed.
NB: Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Deadline: Midday, Monday 26 April 2021.