Summerland follows the story of fiercely independent folklore investigator, Alice (Gemma Arterton) who secludes herself in her clifftop study, debunking myths using science to disprove the existence of magic. Consumed by her work, but also profoundly lonely, she is haunted by a love affair from her past.
When spirited young Frank (Lucas Bond), an evacuee from the London Blitz, is dumped into her irritable care, his innocence and curiosity awaken Alice’s deeply buried emotions. Bravely embracing life’s miraculous unpredictability, Alice learns that wounds may be healed, second chances do occur, and that, just perhaps – magic really does exist.
Screening at 11am on 29 October will be captioned.
Towner Cinema Safety Procedures
· We have reduced capacity in the cinema and will operating at 40% of normal occupancy to ensure ample space for social distancing.
· Seats will be assigned by Towner staff to ensure social distancing is maintained.
· Masks are mandatory and should be worn for the duration of screenings (unless visitor is exempt).
· Food and drink will not be allowed into the cinema space.
· We are accepting card payments only.
· The cinema, including seating and toilets, will be cleaned after every screening.
· Films have been scheduled to avoid congestion in foyers between two screenings.
· Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the gallery, again as you enter the cinema and also outside the cinema toilets.
· There is a screen at the Welcome Desk to protect staff and visitors.
· We will collect customer details to support NHS Test & Trace.