Presented in association with Eastbourne Film Society. Please note the screening on Saturday 17 October will be introduced by EFS Chair, Mansel Stimpson.
My Rembrandt is set in the world of the Old Masters and offers a mosaic of gripping stories in which unrestrained passion for Rembrandt’s paintings leads to dramatic developments and unexpected plot turns. While art collectors show us their special connection with ‘their’ Rembrandt, French baron Eric de Rothschild puts two Rembrandts up for sale, triggering a hard political battle between the Rijksmuseum and the Louvre. The film also follows a Dutch art dealer as he seems to be on the trail of not just one but two ‘new’ Rembrandt paintings. This nerve-racking journey of discovery seems to be the realization of his biggest boyhood dream. But when he is accused of having violated an agreement with another art dealer, his world looks about to collapse.
“Any film about Rembrandt’s portraits is likely to be fascinating but this one outdoes all others. Five paintings feature alongside the collectors who own them. Their passion for these works expressed directly to camera makes this an intensely intimate film and the director’s own love of Rembrandt is equally evident” – Mansel Stimpson, EFS
Towner Cinema Safety Procedures
· We have reduced capacity in the cinema and will operating at 40% of normal occupancy to ensure ample space for social distancing.
· Seats will be assigned by Towner staff to ensure social distancing is maintained.
· Masks are mandatory and should be worn for the duration of screenings (unless visitor is exempt).
· Food and drink will not be allowed into the cinema space.
· We are accepting card payments only.
· The cinema, including seating and toilets, will be cleaned after every screening.
· Films have been scheduled to avoid congestion in foyers between two screenings.
· Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the gallery, again as you enter the cinema and also outside the cinema toilets.
· There is a screen at the Welcome Desk to protect staff and visitors.
· We will collect customer details to support NHS Test & Trace.