Grace (Annette Bening) and Edward (Bill Nighy), married for 29 years, live in a small seaside town near a cove under the cliffs called Hope Gap. When their son Jamie (Josh O’Connor) comes to visit for the weekend, Edward informs him that he plans to leave Grace, that same day. Hope Gap tracks the unravelling of three lives, through stages of shock, disbelief, and anger, to a resolution of sorts.
There are no villains; only good people who’ve lived too long with old mistakes and are now paying the price. There are no easy answers and no simple paths to redemption. A husband, a wife, a son are forced to face hard truths, and out of those truths to fashion new lives. In the end, Hope Gap is a story of survival.
Screening on 22 October will be captioned.
Towner Cinema Safety Procedures
· We have reduced capacity in the cinema and will operating at 40% of normal occupancy to ensure ample space for social distancing.
· Seats will be assigned by Towner staff to ensure social distancing is maintained.
· Masks are mandatory and should be worn for the duration of screenings (unless visitor is exempt).
· Food and drink will not be allowed into the cinema space.
· We are accepting card payments only.
· The cinema, including seating and toilets, will be cleaned after every screening.
· Films have been scheduled to avoid congestion in foyers between two screenings.
· Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the gallery, again as you enter the cinema and also outside the cinema toilets.
· There is a screen at the Welcome Desk to protect staff and visitors.
· We will collect customer details to support NHS Test & Trace.