Open call for artists: Deadline 21 May
Posted on 15/05/2018
We are seeking artists to deliver exciting drop-in style workshops for all ages in response to our Arts Council Collection National Partner Exhibition At Altitude during the summer period. These workshops will take place at one of Eastbourne’s classic beach huts over selected weekends.
Towner will be offering an artist fee of £300 for the two days of delivery, inclusive of planning time. All artists will be required to have a current DBS check in place.
How to apply:
Please send through a proposal of no more than one side of A4, to Marina Castledine, Head of Learning (email@example.com), outlining dates available, what your activity would be, how it is accessible for all ages and abilities, and how it links to the themes in At Altitude.
Please send your proposals through by 21st May, and please note these logistical considerations:
- The workshops will be taking place in and around one of the classic beach huts situated on Eastbourne Seafront and the activities will need to be inspired by works in the exhibition and the surrounding landscape/seascape.
- Please bear in mind that the beach huts do not have access to running water or electricity.
- Workshops will run from 11.00-17.00, with timings likely set up from 10.00 and take down by 18.00.
Workshops will take place over the following dates:
- Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd June
- Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July
- Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August
- Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd September