Volunteering at Towner
Volunteers play a vital role at Towner, proactively engaging with our visitors as well as helping us maintain a safe and secure environment within the gallery spaces.
Although we welcome applications all year round we generally interview and recruit a new intake of volunteers about four times a year.
If you are interested in art, enjoy interacting with people, are keen to develop new skills or just want broaden your horizons then we would really love to hear from you.
As a volunteer you will:
- develop skills, build confidence and gain first-hand experience of an art gallery environment
- enjoy free entry to any paid exhibitions and a behind-the-scenes art store tour
- be invited to staff briefings at the start of each exhibition by the curator or artist
- meet like-minded people and have opportunities to attend social events
- enjoy 10% discount in the Towner shop and Urban Ground café
- receive training in transferable areas such as customer care, health and safety, disability awareness as well as specialised training in Towner’s art collection, exhibitions and architecture
- feel proud to be contributing to the cultural heart of your community and supporting the work of a vibrant charity.
What we look for:
At Towner we embrace diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and all ages. Please let us know if you think you will need additional support to allow you to take up this opportunity as we may be able to help. Please note that volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
At interview we will be looking for people who have a real passion for delivering an excellent standard of customer service, have an interest in art and would be able to take control and remain calm in an emergency situation.
We would ask that you commit to a minimum of two shifts each month – these can be set dates or can be flexible. Shifts are either 2 or 3 hours long, between the hours of 10am and 5pm (6pm in summer months)
How do I apply?
To find out more about volunteering please read the role description below. Send any specific queries to email@example.com or call Niamh on 01323 434679.
To apply please fill in the Application Form and Equal Ops form and return to us by email, post or in person.
This PDF can also be completed electronically.