Hand Drawn Map Workshop
Come and learn the art of hand drawn maps with award winning illustrator Helen Cann.
Hand drawn maps are a beautiful alchemy of form, function and artistry which express a view of a particular place at a particular time by a particular person. At the workshop you’ll learn:
- how to research your territory with notes and sketches
- simple gridding up techniques
- how to use negative space effectively with pattern, illustration or stories
- how to create decorative compass roses and cartouches
- how to design personalised feature icons and keys
- easy to draw but simply elegant hand lettering
Helen Cann’s maps appear in print, books, film and tv. She is the author and illustrator of Hand Drawn Maps – a guide for creatives (Thames and Hudson).
The workshop is for all creative abilities. Please be aware that, weather dependent, there will be a short walk as part of the workshop. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.