Blue Monkey Network
Blue Monkey Network is an artist network run by artists for artists, in partnership with Towner Art Gallery. The Network aims to provide opportunities for professional and creative development for East Sussex artists and help make the local arts community strong and vibrant, sustainable and productive.
The Network runs regular monthly events aimed at promoting the exchange of ideas, information, skills and knowledge between artists, curators and arts organisers.
Blue Monkey Network offers:
- presentations and talks by members
- visits to events, galleries and artists’ projects
- occasional bespoke activities, practical workshops and development programmes.
Joining Blue Monkey Network
Blue Monkey Network is a membership organisation run by artists from Blue Monkey Studios in Eastbourne and volunteer helpers. The network is open to all artists. Membership of the network costs £30 per year, and includes free entry to most network events, plus regular news of selected exhibition and artists’ development opportunities. We hope that you will join us.
- To join Blue Monkey Network, please complete and return the application form below:
- To register on the Blue Monkey Network mailing list and receive our news updates, please visit http://eepurl.com/dtWH-f.
- You can also join the Bluemonkeynet Facebook group or follow the network on Twitter.
Blue Monkey Network is a not for profit organisation, funded by membership subscriptions.
Blue Monkey Network and Devonshire Collective Postcard Show: Call for submissions
As part of Devonshire Collective’s 1st birthday celebrations, we’re partnering with Devonshire Collective to invite artists to participate in an inaugural Postcard Show. We hope you will join us by sending your postcard art for inclusion in a vibrant exhibition of original artworks to be displayed at DC3 Project Space, 1-5 Seaside, Eastbourne BN22 7NA during Eastbourne Artists Open Houses 2018 (7th/8th April and 14th/15th April).
All postcards will be on sale during the exhibition priced at £20 each. There is no commission on sales so all proceeds will go to the artists.
DEADLINE for submissions: Wednesday 4 April 5pm – Postcards must be delivered to DC1 Cafe & Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL either in person 11am- 5pm on 27 – 29 March or 11am- 5pm on 3 – 4 April 2018 or by post by the 4 April deadline.
- DC and Blue Monkey Network members £5 to enter up to 5 postcards.
- All other artists: 1 postcard = £5, 2 postcards = £10, Up to 5 postcards = £15
- Payment must be made on delivery of postcards either by cash or cheque payable to Devonshire Collective CIC or by bank transfer to Devonshire Collective CIC: account number 44690878, Sort code 52-41-00
Postcards for your artwork can be collected from 13 March 2018 in person from DC1 Café Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL between 11am and 5pm, Tuesday – Saturday, or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the same address, OR you can make your own postcard but all cards must be good quality heavy weight paper or board minimum 300gsm.
For important information including terms and conditions please visit http://devonshirecollective.co.uk/dc-postcard-show-dc3-project-space/