- Visitor information
- Our story
- Venue hire
- Artist opportunities
- Job opportunities
All year round, we welcome applications for volunteers at Towner. If you are interested in art and looking to gain knowledge, we can offer a wide range of experiences, from assisting technicians with installations to interacting with visitors.
Benefits of volunteering include:
- a full programme of training
- staff briefings on each exhibition, the collection and Towner’s architecture
- building skills, confidence and working knowledge of an art gallery environment
- contributing to the cultural heart of your community
- social events
- 10% discount in the Towner shop
Invigilation volunteer positions
We are looking for volunteers to meet and greet visitors and share information on the building, our renowned collection and our exhibitions and events. Working alongside our Gallery Assistants, you will play a vital role in our award-winning gallery and our unique visitor experience.
As a volunteer, you will:
- display excellent standards of customer service
- have a proactive attitude towards helping visitors understand and enjoy Towner and its exhibitions
- be allocated as many or as few shifts per week as you would like to contribute to Towner. Each shift is 4 hours long, covering our general opening hours. (Tuesday – Sunday 10 – 6pm in summer and 10 – 5pm in winter).
Read about volunteer Lucy Woolcock’s experiences A Day In The Life of a Towner Volunteer from the Spring 2010 issue of Culture Quarterly.
Please note: we often have gaps between our volunteer recruitment, so you may not hear from us straight away.
How do I apply?
To find out more about volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to become a volunteer, please complete the application form below:
This PDF can also be completed electronically.