Artist commission for ‘Animating Seaside’ project
Posted on 8/10/2015
We are looking for a local artist or collaborative partners to create an installation in the window spaces at Kestrel House, Eastbourne as part of a project called ‘Animating Seaside’.
This is part of a series of small commissions Towner is leading to animate spaces in the Devonshire Ward, focusing particularly on Seaside, a road that cuts through some of the most deprived areas of the town.
The winning artist or group will receive a fee of £1500 inclusive of travel and materials. The installation will take place 20 November 2015 – 31 January 2016, to be launched as part of the Boho Winter Event on 20 November organized by Leaf Hall Community Arts Centre.
Ths project is part of the Driving Devonshire Forward (DDF) programme and funded by Coastal Communities Fund, whose aim is to regenerate the Devonshire Ward in the heart of Eastbourne by developing jobs and skills, supporting the tourist industry and investing in infrastructure projects.
How to apply
Download the artist brief for further information about the brief.
Please include in your application:
- A description of your proposed installation including supporting drawings, photos, links to websites or films.
- A statement about how it will contribute to the ‘Animating Seaside’ project
- Outline information about technical requirements for installation, de-installation and on-going running of the installation during the period 20 November – 31 January
- Confirmation that the artist applying will be supervising installation and de-installation and will meet any associated transport and material costs (but please see note* below – if there are any items that you think could be borrowed for the duration, please also list these)
- Confirmation that you are a local artist – i.e. live or work in Eastbourne.
- Confirmation that you hold public and products liability insurance
Please email your application and any supporting documents to: Michael.email@example.com
Deadline: 9am Monday 26 October
Interview/meeting: Friday 30 October
If you have any questions about the commission before you apply, please contact Michael Eccles or Clare Halstead at Towner on 01323 434691.